Convincing people is hard, even if you have created a great product or service. Recent marketing statistics show that generating leads and website traffic are some of the top challenges businesses face. Social media for your startup could be a secret weapon to create more leads and increase brand awareness. Usually, all businesses and startups have social media profiles; many fail to convince the audience. It's because they do not have a sound marketing strategy which lags them behind. However, a correct social media marketing strategy can improve brand awareness, generates more leads, and be better in terms of customer acquisition. Statistical data reveals that 71% of customers are likelier to recommend a brand upon an excellent social media service experience.
Why is Social Media Marketing Important for Startups?
Social networks have proven to be the most influential channels when people like to purchase anything. Social media marketing is cost-effective, and it can reach a broader audience than you can ever imagine. Most startups have a limited budget and can't afford other marketing options. Continue reading to learn more about social media marketing so that you can endorse your brand.
Benefits of Marketing Via Social Media
Social media marketing has numerous benefits for businesses regardless of their size. As a startup, you must invest in social media marketing as it has plenty of uses beyond simply reaching the audience. Some of the specific benefits include:
- Improves Brand Awareness Social media is an excellent way to endorse your brand. 91% of marketers say that being active on social media increases a brand's visibility and awareness. It is worth spending a few hours each week to gain your competitive advantage.
- Establishes Direct Relationship Social media allows for establishing a direct relationship with customers. Social media helps you interact with your customers directly and gather their feedback for a product or service you launch. According to a report, 45% of customers find relevant questions on social media before exploring other options.
- Benefits Your SEO Social media benefits your SEO, and you can probably climb up Google's rankings. When you post your owned media content on social platforms, it has a positive impact on your website's SEO.
Social media for your startup could be a secret weapon to create more leads and increase brand awareness.
- Improves Website Traffic Social media marketing gives your followers a reason to click through your website. The higher the quality of content, the more inbound traffic you'll receive. Resultantly, you receive more traffic, which is good from the business point of view.
- Productive and Cost-effective Social media marketing is much cheaper than other available options. Signing up for social media accounts costs nothing, and here you go. It is also productive because digital consumers spend at least 2.5 hours daily on social platforms. It can be a significant factor in engaging your audience to know about your brand.
- Builds Brand Reputation If you successfully satisfy the customers, it can build your brand reputation. They may start saying good things about your brand and recommend others accordingly.
Social Media Marketing Tips for Startups That Work
Today, social media marketing is crucial for startups because of greater competition. Many startups are still unable to carve out an effective social media strategy. Here, we have compiled some of the best tips to help you achieve your marketing goals. So, let's get to know them.
- Capitalize on What's Trendy Find out the top trends on social media platforms and gain relevant insights. Facebook and Twitter are helpful platforms in this regard. Keep an eye to know what's on trend and create a marketing strategy. Capitalize according to your brand and never lose an opportunity to impact your audience.
- Identify the Best Marketing Channel Identify the best marketing channel that suits your business niche. You can identify it by exploring various social media channels to know what works for you. Also, you need to shortlist a few channels and run your campaigns on them. It will help you find the best channel per your business niche.
- Do Live Video Streaming Live video streaming is a powerful tool of social media, and it's not overcrowded yet. It reaches highly targeted niches and takes less time to produce. People are more willing to learn from videos, and it's more inspiring than the content. However both are influential, but studies have shown that short video clips are more helpful in processing information.
Social media marketing is cost-effective, and it can reach a broader audience than you can ever imagine.
- Don't Forget Mobile Users People use social media more frequently on mobile than on desktops. Therefore, you need to focus on mobile users for more extensive customer engagement. Run mobile-focused social media campaigns to grow your business.
- Create Engaging Posts Make your content eye-catchy and pleasing to achieve your objective. It's best to create visually attractive and engaging posts to impact the audience. Also, include some compelling infographics to maintain the reader's interest.
- Stay Active and Track Your Data Staying active on social media will help you in the long run and let your audience know you exist. Participate enthusiastically with your customers to gain your competitive advantage. Also, track your data and look at social metrics to know the dos and don'ts of your startup's marketing strategy. Analyzing the data will help you in making informed decisions on time.
- Include Virtual Reality in Your Marketing Plan The current world is highly competitive, and you need to stand out. Keep an eye on the recent market trends to create a difference. Virtual reality technology makes honest impressions about a product or service by offering a unique experience to the users. Please include it in your marketing plan to excite the audience.
How to Build Social Media Marketing Strategy for Your Startup?
As a startup, you must build the right social media marketing strategy to connect with the target audience, collect feedback, find leads, and much more. Running a business is never easy, but if you adopt the right tactics, nobody can refrain you from achieving success. Here are some simple tips to enrich your social media experience.
Build or Update Social Media Profiles.
Create a Powerful Content Strategy.
Interact with Your Audience.
Go Live and Include Live Video in Your Content Plan.
Use Email to Support Your Marketing Strategy.
Social media marketing is not easy for startups; however, it's not rocket science. It would help if you focused on marketing tactics to play your cards right. Accelerate your social media efforts with the assistance of the right tools, techniques, applications, and trends. Keep your focus and think outside the box to stand out from the rest of the crowd. Applying the above tips will grow your startup more prominently.